In light of Covid-19 and its impact on foodservice operations, here are the daily cleaning and sanitizing instructions for external contact surfaces of Cornelius beverage dispense equipment.
For tools and PPE, use the brushes and tools provided with the equipment. Consult operator’s manual for PPE and observe all applicable safety precautions as in the manual. The manuals can located under Resources, manuals.
Cleaning Solution: Soap solution, use a mixture of mild detergent and warm (100° F) potable water.
Sanitizing Solution: Prepare sanitizing solutions in accordance in your owner’s manuals.
ED and IDC Dispensers:
- Remove cup rest from drip tray and clean with warm soapy water, rinse with clean water and allow to air dry.
- Wipe down the exterior of the unit including ice lever with warm soapy water, rinse with clean water and allow to air dry.
- Remove valve nozzles and diffusers and wash in warm soapy water, rinse in clean water and allow to air dry.
- Clean the interior of the ice chute using the brush provided with the unit with warm soapy water, rinse with clean water and allow to air dry.
- Spray the ice chute inside and out with sanitizer and allow to air dry.
- Pour warm soapy water down the drains to keep them clean and flowing smoothly.
- Spray the nozzles and diffusers inside and outside with approved sanitizing solution, reinstall them on the valves and allow to air dry.
- Reinstall the cup rest into the drip tray.
- Pour all remaining sanitizer solution down the drains to help keep the drain clear.
IDC PRO Dispenser:
To perform a daily cleaning of the unit, perform the procedure as below:
Multi Brand Valve: Remove nozzle and diffuser from the valve and clean with warm soapy water. Soak with sanitization with 2-3 minutes and Rinse with clean water, reinstall them back onto the valves and allow to air dry. Wash external surfaces with mild soap solution, rinse with clean water, and wipe dry.
Discrete Valves: Remove nozzle assembly (contains Inner Nozzle) from dispensing valve. Separate the inner nozzle from the nozzle and wash the two parts in the cleaning solution. It may be necessary to use a small stiff Nylon bristle brush to thoroughly clean the nozzles. Do not use a brush with metal bristles. Rinse the nozzle and the inner nozzle in potable water. Inspect the two nozzle parts to be sure that they are clean. If any residue remains, and clean the parts again. Return the inner nozzle to the nozzle and replace the assembly to the valve.
In case of other manufacturer valve installed on Cornelius dispensers, refer to the respective valve manual.